This feature allows users to set a template for games that follow a certain formula. This will result in multiple games for different sports and levels being entered when a single game is entered.
For example Basketball games might follow the flow of:
Varsity Boys @ 7PM in Gym
Varsity Girls @ 5PM in Gym
Junior Varsity Boys @ 3:15PM at Opposite Location
Junior Varsity Girls @ 5:15PM at Opposite Location
Freshman Boys @ 3:15PM in Big Gym
The template allows users to set this formula up and schedule it using just one entry. The first step is creating the template. To do that click on Add Event from left Navigation bar.
- Click "Add New" to create a new template. Name of the template for easy selection on the Add Games page.
- Edit the name of the template on this page.
- Click on Manage Teams to add the teams to the template.
Enter in the details for your "Lead Team". The lead team is the one that determine what the rest of the teams do. Enter in the details for if that team is away or if they are at home. Add as many other teams that and answer the questions depending on what the lead team does. Using this example above if adding the JV team; they play at the opposite place and also on the same day (options are given to indicate same, previous, or following day). Once all of the teams are set up click on "Add Game" to schedule.
- Make sure that to choose "Yes" under the "Multiple Game Template" option.
- Choose the Template that will be used and include the details for the lead team. The rest of the teams events will allow be scheduled depending on the template you have entered.